Long revered in India for its healing qualities, Turmeric has slowly made its way into the western cupboard and, more recently, the medicine cabinet. Athletes, doctors, nutritionists and neighborhood soothsayers recommend the integration of this wonder food into our diets. The experts at Health Line outline why in the list below:
- Osteoarthritis: Plant compounds in turmeric that include curcumin can reduce markers of inflammation and thus relieve osteoarthritis symptoms (3, 9, 10).
- Obesity: Turmeric and curcumin may inhibit the inflammatory pathway involved in obesity and may help regulate body fat (5, 11, 12).
- Heart disease: Turmeric and curcumin can reduce “bad” LDL cholesterol and triglycerides and reduce the risk of heart disease as a result (13).
- Diabetes: Turmeric and curcumin can improve blood sugar metabolism and potentially reduce the effects of diabetes on your body (14, 15, 16).
- Liver: A rat study found that turmeric extract and curcumin were protective against chronic liver damage by helping reduce harmful oxidative stress (17).
- Cancer: Though research is still in its early stages, turmeric and curcumin may reduce the activity of colon and other cancer cells (18, 19, 20).
- Antifungal: Turmeric and curcumin can disrupt fungal cell membranes and could be used in conjunction with fungal medication for better outcomes (21, 22, 23).
- Antibacterial: Turmeric and curcumin have strong antibacterial effects. They can reduce the growth of many disease-causing bacteria (23, 24, 25).
We’ve poured everything we have into our juice shots - including Turmeric. It’s a little bit of our heart and soul, bottled in hopes of sharing our love of science with our love of naturally powerful ingredients. These aren’t just claims, these attributes are backed by science - not to mention generations upon generations of Indian families. Pick up RELEAF, REVIVE or FOCUS, taste what Organic Hawaiian Turmeric can do for your mind, body, and soul.